Request a Speaker
Do you and your friends, colleagues and community partners want to learn more about the LHIN – Who we are? What we do? And why? Our Board members and staff can meet with you or join your event, we can loan you poster boards and set up a booth, or, we can provide background materials for your reading tables.
Tell us how you would like to learn about the LHIN. Please complete one of these Request Forms
- If you would like to have a member of the HNHB LHIN board or staff speak at an upcoming event, please complete and submit a Speaker's Bureau Request Form: in Word for emailing or as a PDF for faxing.
Please note we require at least three weeks to coordinate your request, however, we will do our best to accommodate your request whenever possible. Thank you.
Here are some of the topics that we love to share:
- LHIN 101 - Learn about the LHIN - This set of materials introduces the LHIN; its communities, mandate and role. If you want to gain a better understanding of how the LHIN fits into the larger health system, these materials are for you.
- Listening, Learning, Leveraging - The LHIN's Integrated Health Service Plan and YOU - The Integrated Health Service Plan describes the priorities for improving the local health system over the next three years. Learn how the LHIN and its community partners are improving health and people’s experience in the health system at a reasonable cost, and what it means for you.
- Preventing and Managing Chronic Disease - There are an estimated one million people living with chronic disease in our communities. Learn about the impact that chronic disease has on people in our LHIN, and what we are doing to help people prevent and manage their conditions such as asthma, diabetes or heart disease.
- Hook-Up with Health – These materials are uniquely designed for youth and encourage youth, through the presentation of case studies, to consider how they can hook up with health services that meet their needs.
Here are some of the organizations/community groups that have had a board or staff member speak with them:
- Canadian Federation of University Women, Lions Club of Fort Erie, The Rotary Club of Lincoln, Thursday at Ten, Grimsby Opti-Mrs, Probus Club of St. Catharines, Dunnville Lions' Club, Kiwanis Club of Brantford, Haldimand Federation of Agriculture, Grand River Kiwanis Club, Retired Women Teachers of Ontario, The Rotary Club of Port Colborne, Niagara Ina Grafton Gage Village, Probus Club of Brantford, Maternal Newborn Regional Charge Nurses
Here are some of the events that used our materials events recently:
- Fort Erie Seniors' Expo - June 2, 2010 (What is a LHIN? and Making a Difference in Aging)
- Cancer Care Ontario - May 4, 2010 (Preventing and Managing Chronic Disease)
- Social Justice Fair (Hamilton) - April 15, 2010 (Hook-Up with Health)
- Simcoe Health Fair - March 6, 2010 (Making a Difference in Mental Health and Addictions)
- McMaster Take the Sting out of Stigma Fair - February 24, 2010 (Making a Difference in Mental Health and Addictions)